BusyBox is famous software (application) which offers many types of UNIX tools within a single executable file. It is also famously known as the Swiss Army of Embedded Linux which is a description given by the same people who created it. Although you would need to root or jailbreak your phone in order to install it, BusyBox app is totally worth the effort. The software has the ability to run in various environments such as Linux, Android, and the FreeBSD. The major aim of the software or the app was to provide tools for operating systems which initially offered very fewer resources.
BusyBox Ultimate Features
There are many features of BusyBox which make it one of the most popular software tools among those who wish to use advanced tools in their technological interfaces. Some of the core features of BusyBox are mentioned below:
- Provides access to loads of new tools which can only be run through BusyBox.
- Lets you use the Linux command line through any device.
- Allows you to install applications which require root access to your system.
- BusyBox is a single binary file which has a lot of applications.
- The applications for BusyBox can simply be accessed by calling the BusyBox binary with multiple names.
- It allows you to interact with various aspects of the operating system through the usage of various commands.
- BusyBox installer for Lucky Patcher will allow you to remove ads, modify permissions and do much more with your Android phone.
How to install BusyBox
Although BusyBox isn’t as simple to install as any other application but with the precise steps mentioned below, you can easily install it. The mobile operating systems usually require the BusyBox installer apk which makes the installation easier. Methods of installation for each popular operating system is listed, you can read the steps for the OS you use.
Steps to Install BusyBox on Android Smartphones/Tablets
Follow these steps to download and install BusyBox apk for Android smartphone/tablet without any trouble:
- Ensure that your phone is rooted. Installing BusyBox without rooting is not possible on Android
- Install the BusyBox Installer app which you can simply find on the Google Play Store. Although there might be many similar apps with the same functionality, you must choose with care as some of these apps can be malicious in nature. There is also a version called the BusyBox Installer Pro apk which you can use.
- Once you open the app after installation, it will ask you for superuser access where you need to press “Grant”.
- You must then click on the “Install” button.
- This will initiate the process of installation and then BusyBox will be installed on your Android phone.
Steps to Install BusyBox on iOS Devices (iPhone/iPad)
To avail the complete set of BusyBox Installer features on iOS/iPhone, follow the below steps:
- You would need to jailbreak your phone in order to run BusyBox.
- Download the BusyBox installer for iOS.
- Open the app for BusyBox installer and then find the section where it mentions Install BusyBox.
- Click on the “Install” button and it will start the installation process of BusyBox.
- Once it is done, you have BusyBox right on your iOS device or iPhone.
Steps to Install BusyBox on Mac
Although Mac is built upon Linux which has BusyBox built in, OSX doesn’t have BusyBox. You would need to install it which is quite simple as well.
- Download the configuration files from the official BusyBox repository.
- Run the command “chmod +x busybox” in the OSX terminal.
- Running this command after downloading the BusyBox files will install the software on your Mac.
Steps to Install BusyBox on Windows PC/Laptop
Windows doesn’t have a Linux base and its operating system is completely different. Below are the steps which you need to follow in order to install BusyBox for Windows.
- Download the BusyBox docker files from the official repository.
- Run the command “$ docker run -it –rmbusybox”
- You can then create a Dockerfile for a binary. There are many image variants which you need to choose from after creating the dockerfile.
- Once this is done, BusyBox will be installed on your Windows computer.
The Last Words
These are the steps which need to be taken in order to install BusyBox in your Operating System. It is not advisable to install BusyBox if you aren’t well skilled to carry out the functions of BusyBox. But once you know its possibilities, the opportunities are endless.